The renovation of front areas of the Library has been completed, and we held our Grand Opening Celebration during the Summer Reading kickoff June 4, 2022.
Our new NOW Space offers a program room for library events, meetings, and creative space, as well as updates for better American Disabilities Act accessibility, including bathroom door assists and adaptable furniture. Funding for the NOW Space was provided by the Illinois State Library through the On the Road to Recovery: Transforming Library Spaces Grant Program.
Check out the NOW Space the next time you visit the library:
- Check out one of our new craft kits from a reference desk and create a craft in the NOW Space.
- Reserve the NOW Space for a meeting and use the dry erase boards, podium, and monitor.
- Use the new podcasting suite to record and edit audio and video content.
- Press Releases
10/27/21: Live and Learn Construction Grant - Images of Now Space (click to view image rendering)
- Completed: Bids
Bids for the project are being managed by Cordogan and Clark in order to ensure the project meets specifications for work performed, as well as legal requirements for bid acceptance and awards.
You may view the Public Job information page from Cordogan and Clark HERE
You may view the publication notification posted HERE
Bid Award Information
The Board of Trustees voted on 11/17 to accept the recommendation from Cordogan and Clark to utilize the services of Lite Construction, Inc.
The Bid Tabulation Sheet may be reviewed HERE.
The Bidder Recommendation discussion document may be reviewed HERE.
1) Thursday, November 4 at 10 a.m. - Pre-Bid meeting for interested parties on site at the Library.
A pre-bid meeting and walk through is available with Cordogan and Clark on site to see the facility and answer questions.
2) If you are unable to attend the opportunity on 11/4, you may schedule a walk-through with the Library Director by calling the Library at (630) 466-4686 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that the Library is closed on Fridays.
3) Bid acceptance - Bids are accepted in a sealed and conspicuously marked envelope to Cordogan and Clark located at 960 Ridgeway Avenue, Third Floor, Aurora 60506. from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. on November 12, 2021. (See publication notice above for specifics)
4) The Library Board of Trustees will be evaluating bids at a decision making meeting on Wednesday, November 17th at 6:30 p.m. This meeting is an Open Meeting and will be held on site at the Library at 125 S. Municipal Drive.
5) The bid from Lite Construction from Montgomery, Illinois was selected. You may review the bid tabulation sheet and recommendation discussion document under the bid award information section.
- Property Sale
The Library must sell or donate the existing equipment in the most efficient manner possible. You may review the equipment available below, and see the bid sheet attached to each item in the previous Cafe Space. If you are a local organization, non-profit or a Library and are interested in the equipment, please contact the Library Director
All equipment is 12 years old and in functioning shape. It must be removed and transported without the Library's assistance.
You can see the .pdf of equipment available DOWNLOAD HERE. Update 1/18 - All equipment has been claimed.