The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on May 25, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. pm in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Minutes – Action Required
· March 23, 2016 - Regular Board Meeting
· April 27,2016 –Regular Board meeting
5. Review of Financial Reports
6. Approval of the April 2016 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the check register of April, 2016 $18,638.69
7. Director’s Report
8. Board Representative Reports
a. Building and Grounds
d. Strategic Planning
9. Friends Report
a. Library Survey and Strategic Planning – Discussion
Update on Focus Groups and Survey
· Reminder: June 11th (time to be discussed) for Board Retreat and Planning Session
b. Café Lease – Action Required
The new Café lease and terms for Modest Coffee will be approved.
c. Working Budget approval for FY 2016-2017 – Action Required
A review, discussion and approval of the working budget for the next fiscal year.
a. Gallery 125 – Discussion
b. SWAN and MAGIC Merger – Update and Discussion
c. Items for June Agenda
12. Closed Session: (5 ILCS 120/2)
(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.