The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on October 29, 2015 at 7:00 pm in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Thursday, October 29, 2015 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Minutes – Action Required
· September 24, Minutes - Regular Board Meeting
· October 5, 2015 – Special meeting
5. Review of Financial Reports
6. Approval of the September 2015 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the check register of September, 2015; amount $11,960.00
7. Director’s Report
8. Board Representative Reports
a. Building and Grounds
d. Strategic Planning
9. Friends Report
a. Levy Ordinance 2015-10-29 – Action Required
The Board will adopt the annual Levy Ordinance to secure funding necessary for the operations of the district.
b. Policy 100: Library Card Policy – Action Required
The Board will discuss and adopt amendments to the Library Card policy.
c. Adoption of Ordinance 2015-10-29.2 LIMRICC Intergovernmental Agreement– Action Required
The Board will vote on substantial amendments to the Intergovernmental Agreement with LIMRICC.
d. Adoption of Resolution providing for the execution of an intergovernmental agreement with LIMRICC – Action Required
e. Approval of the Pro-Pay contract – Action Required
The Library can no longer use E-Pay as the e-commerce vendor on our website as it is no longer compatible with MAGIC. The Library will change to ProPay as an outside vendor for all online commerce.
f. Appoint Shannon Halikias as FOIA Officer – Action Required
The Board will vote to appoint Shannon Halikias as a FOIA officer. –Action Required
g. Review and approval of Annual Audit for FY 2014-15 – Action Required
This will be a discussion and review of the annual audit prepared by Weber and Associations in accordance with GASB standards.
12. Items for November Agenda
13. Closed session for the purpose of the annual review of the Director by the Board of Trustees.
Closed Session Citation: (5 ILCS 120/2)
(1) The appointment, employment, compensation,
Discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity.
14. Annual salary and work agreement set by the Board of Trustees for the Library Director – Action Required
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.