The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on February 24, 2016 at 7:00 pm in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Minutes – Action Required
· December 18, 2015Minutes - Regular Board Meeting
· December 18, 2015 Minutes – Closed Session
· January 27, 2016 Minutes – Regular Board Meeting
5. Review of Financial Reports
6. Approval of the January 2016 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the check register of January, 2016
7. Director’s Report
8. Board Representative Reports
a. Building and Grounds
d. Strategic Planning
9. Friends Report
10. Old Business
a. Java Plus Resignation – Discussion
The Board will review and discuss the Java Plus resignation, and determine the next course of action to secure a vendor and/or vending.
b. Prairie Glen HOA Agreement and Communications – Discussion and Action Required
The Board will review the suggested communication with the Prairie Glen HOA.
c. Library on the Ballot for 2016 – Discussion
The Board will hold a continuing discussion to review the possibility to going to ballot.
11. New business
a. Library Survey – Discussion
The Board will provide feedback for an upcoming public survey in preparation of developing a new strategic plan.
b. Budget Planning – Discussion
Budget planning is underway for FY 2016-17. The process will be briefly reviewed by the Director.
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.