The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on July 23, 2015 at 7:00 pm in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Minutes – Action Required
· May 28, 2015 Minutes - Regular Board Meeting
· June 23, 2015 Minutes – Regular Board Meeting
· July 7, 2015 Minutes – Special Meeting
5. Review of Financial Reports
6. Approval of the June 2015 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the check register for June, 2015 for $33,449
7. Director’s Report
8. Board Representative Reports
a. Building and Grounds
d. Strategic Planning
9. Friends Report
10. Old Business
· Annual minutes review - Update
11. New business
a. Review of Chapter Five, “Technology,” in Serving Our Public 3.0: Standards for Illinois Public Libraries– Discussion
b. Review of Certification of Trustee Information – Discussion
Secretary of Board will certify information to be filed by Director with the County Clerk
c. IPLAR – Action Required
A review and approval of the annual Illinois Public Library Annual Report to be submitted to the Secretary of State
d. Budget and Appropriation Ordinance Tentative Adoption prior to Public Hearing – Action Required
· The Board will discuss adoption of the Tentative Budget and Appropriation Ordinance prior to public hearing and adoption of Final Ordinance
e. Items for August agenda
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.