The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on April 27, 2016 at 6:30 pm in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6:30 p.m. (Please note time change)
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Informal Meet and Greet of Potential Café Vendors – Introductions and samples of items may be presented for discussion or taste testing. (Expected time about 30 minutes)
3. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Trustee Appointment – Action Required
The Board will appoint a replacement for the open Trustee position
5. Approval of Minutes – Action Required
· January 27, 2016 - Regular Board Meeting
· January 27, 2016 – Closed Session
· February 24,2016 - Regular Board Meeting
· February 29, 2016 - Special Meeting
7. Review of Financial Reports
8. Approval of the March 2016 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the check register of March, 2016 $17,943.19
9. Director’s Report
10. Board Representative Reports
a. Building and Grounds
d. Strategic Planning
11. Friends Report
12. Old Business
a. Library Survey and Strategic Planning – Discussion
A copy of the community survey is provided in your packet for review and discussion.
13. New business
a. Café Lease – Action Required
The new Café vendor will be selected. Vendors will be making brief presentations to the Board.
b. Budget for FY 2016-17 Draft – Discussion
The first draft of the FY 16-17 budget will be presented for discussion; anticipated passage in May meeting.
c. Minutes Review – Action Required
Statue requires the semi-annual compliance for half-year review of all closed session minutes under the Open Meeting Act.
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.