The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on September 24, 2015 at 7:00 pm in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Minutes – Action Required
· August 27 Minutes - Regular Board Meeting
· August 27 Minutes – Closed Session
5. Review of Financial Reports
6. Approval of the August 2015 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the check register for August, 2015 in the amount of $35,726.00
7. Director’s Report
8. Board Representative Reports
a. Building and Grounds
d. Strategic Planning
9. Friends Report
a. Meeting Room Policy Revision – Discussion and Update
a. Steve Wellington of Modern Woodman will give a brief presentation of potential employee funded retirement plan. – Discussion
b. Holiday Closings – Discussion
A review of holiday closing dates for the coming winter season. As some holiday fall on a Friday when the Library is already closed, the “holiday” closing will be moved to Saturday.
c. Resolution of Estimate of Funds needed 2015-9-24 – Action Required
This resolution determines an estimate of funds needed prior to the filing of a Levy Ordinance.
d. Adoption of Levy Draft – Action Required
This will adopt the draft of the levy necessary to secure the funds for the operations of the Library.
12.Items for October Agenda
13. Closed Session: (5 ILCS 120/2)
(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or
on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.