The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on January 22, 2015 at 6:00 pm in the Meeting Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Lisle Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of the December 18th, 2014 Minutes - Regular Board Meeting – Action Required
6. Review of Financial Reports
7. Approval of the December 2014 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the month of December 2014.
8. Director’s Report
9. Board Representative Reports
10. Friends Report
11. Old Business
a. Upcoming Elections – Discussion
A brief update of upcoming election information.
b. Trustee Training – Discussion
A brief discussion of upcoming training opportunities for Trustees.
12. New business
a. Change of Meeting Time for 2015 Board Meetings – Action Required
· The Board will discuss and confirm any revisions to meeting dates and times for 2015 of Regular Board meetings.
b. Sugar Grove Community Newsletter – Discussion
· The Director will provide an update for the new Sugar Grove Community Newsletter to be distributed to residents.
c. Java Plus Lease – Action Required
· A discussion and extension of the standing lease with Java Plus.
d. Java Plus Lease – Discussion
· Assign Building and/or Finance committee to review lease and provisions of lease for Java Plus.
e. Letter of Agreement with Zabinski Consulting Services, Inc. – Action Required
· The Board will review the letter of agreement with Zabinski Consulting, a small financial and accounting firm specializing in Libraries. Zabinski Consulting may be engaged for limited accountant assistance, the engagement expectations will be reviewed.
f. Items for February meeting - Discussion
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.