The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on August 24, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. pm in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Swearing in of New Trustee – The Oath of Office will be administered to the new Trustee
4. Approval of Minutes – Action Required
· July 27, 2016 – Regular Board Meeting
· July 27, 2016 – Closed Sessions
6. Review of Financial Reports
7. Approval of the July 2016 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the check register of July, 2016 for $99,215.77
8. Director’s Report
9. Board Representative Reports
a. Building and Grounds
d. Strategic Planning
a. SWAN Merger Update
a. Trustee Positions and Term Limits – Action Required
The Board will verify the newly updated Trustee information list to be submitted to appropriate local offices and for public information. The Board will appoint Trustees to appropriate offices and committees.
b. Budget and Appropriation Ordinance Public Hearing – Public Comment
The Board will hear public comment of the Tentative Budget and Appropriation Ordinance. Members of the public are welcome to speak on the topic of the budget or ordinance.
c. Budget and Appropriation Ordinance Adoption – Action Required
The Board will vote on the annual Budget and Appropriations ordinance for fiscal year 2016-2017 to secure funding necessary for the Library.
d. Estimate of Revenue by Source – Action Required
e. Resolution of Estimate of Funds Needed – Action Required
f. IPLAR- Action Required
The approval of the annual Illinois Public Library Annual Report submitted to the State of Illinois.
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.