The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on June 22, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Wednesday, June 22, 2016 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Minutes – Action Required
· May 25, 2016 – Regular Board Meeting
· May 25, 2016 – Closed Session
5. Review of Financial Reports
6. Approval of the May 2016 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the check register of May, 2016 for $21,210.86
7. Director’s Report
8. Board Representative Reports
a. Building and Grounds
d. Strategic Planning
9. Friends Report
a. Library Survey and Strategic Planning – Discussion
A review of the first draft of the SWOT analysis and Strategic Plan Goals
a. Appointment of Board Secretary or Revision of Board Offices – Action Required
b. Approve new contract with Thrift Books –Action Required
The Library will allow quality discards or unused donations to be sold by Thrift Books for a small amount of revenue for the Library.
c. Approve Ordinance 16-6/22: Prevailing Wage Ordinance – Action required
An annual required ordinance ascertaining the prevailing rate of wages for laborers, workers, and mechanics employed on public works of Sugar Grove Public Library District.
e. Budget and Appropriation Ordinance Hearing Dates – Action Required
The Board will set the dates for the adoption of the Tentative Budget and Appropriation Ordinance 16-8/24, Publication Schedule, Public Hearing and final Adoption. The tentative B and A is attached for discussion.
f. Appoint Board representatives to examine Secretary’s records – Action Required
This is to determine that the secretary’s minutes are in order and have no errors or discrepancies for fiscal year FY2014/2015.
d. Items for July Agenda
12. Closed Session: (5 ILCS 120/2)
(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.