The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on August 27, 2015 at 7:00 pm in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Thursday, August 27, 2015 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Minutes – Action Required
· July 23 Minutes - Regular Board Meeting
5. Review of Financial Reports
6. Approval of the July 2015 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the check register for July, 2015 in the amount of $140,803.86
7. Director’s Report
8. Board Representative Reports
a. Building and Grounds
d. Strategic Planning
9. Friends Report
a. Meeting Room Policy Revision – Discussion and Update
a. Budget and Appropriation Ordinance Public Hearing – Public Comment
The Board will hear public comment of the Tentative Budget and Appropriation Ordinance. Members of the public are welcome to speak on the topic of the budget or ordinance.
b. Budget and Appropriation Ordinance Adoption – Action Required
The Board will vote on the annual Budget and Appropriations ordinance for fiscal year 2015-2016 to secure funding necessary for the Library.
c. Estimate of Revenue by Source – Action Required
The annual estimate of revenue by source.
d. Resolution to designate P.A.C.T. donations to a restricted fund – Action Required
This will restrict the spending of the P.A.C.T. fund to support programming, collection, and associated learning technologies to benefit patrons for fiscal year 2015-2016.
e. Library Personnel Policy Update – Action Required
The Board will vote on a personnel policy update to limit holiday pay to exempt personnel on designated holidays.
f. Logo Revision – Discussion
The Board will review and discussion submissions for the new logo. The new logo is an Administration decision, however it is preferred that Board input and consensus be received.
12.Items for September Agenda
13. Closed Session: (5 ILCS 120/2)
(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.