The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on March 23, 2016 at 7:00 pm in the Meeting Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Minutes – Action Required
· January 27, 2016 – Regular Board Meeting
· February 24, 2016- Regular Board Meeting
· February 29, 2016 - Special Meeting
5. Review of Financial Reports
6. Approval of the February 2016 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the check register of February, 2016 - $33,183.26
7. Director’s Report
8. Board Representative Reports
a. Building and Grounds
d. Strategic Planning
9. Friends Report
a. Java Plus Resignation – Discussion
The Board will review the Java Plus resignation, and discuss the next course of action to secure a vendor and/or vending.
b. Library on the Ballot for 2016 – Discussion
The Board will hold a continuing discussion to review the possibility to going to ballot.
c. Strategic Planning Schedule – Discussion
The strategic planning process will be moved back by at least 2 months in order to accommodate the web page project development.
a. Adoption of Financial Chronology for FY 2016-2017 – Action Required
This will adopt the schedule for ordinances and resolutions necessary by law.
b. MAGIC Futures Taskforce Updates – Discuss
The MAGIC Governing Board has voted to advance discussions and planning for a potential merger with SWAN. The SGPL Board will receive updates on this consortium activity.
c. Budget Planning – Discuss
The Board will receive an update on budget planning and tentative extension. As Per Capita grants are likely to not be received this year or next, the Board may discuss priorities in planning.
d. Certificate of Appreciation – Discuss
The Board will discuss and authorize a Certificate of Appreciation in gratitude for the civic service of Louise Coffman.
e. Open Trustee Position – Action Required
The Board will review the resignation of Trustee Coffman and discuss the open position on the Board. Action may be taken for appointment.
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.