The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on April 23,
2015 at 7:00 pm in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Thursday, April 23, 2015 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the
Library’s public records*
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of the March 26th, 2015 Minutes - Regular Board Meeting – Action Required
6. Review of Financial Reports
7. Approval of the March 2015 Check Register – Action Required
- A review and approval of expenditures for the month of March, 2015. Check register amount of
8. Director’s Report
9. Board Representative Reports
a. Budget and Finance
e. Long Range Planning
10. Friends Report
11. Old Business
a. Sugar Grove Proposed TIF – Discussion
- A review of the TIF proposed for Sugar Grove; implications to Library
b. Parking Lot Project - Discussion
12. New business
a. Budget for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 - Discussion
- The working budget for FY 2015-16 budget will be presented in the May meeting.
- Update on progress
b. Consultation from Architect/Engineer – Discussion
- The Library has a pressing issue of efflorescence, tuck-pointing and mortar analysis
- Consensus on consultation
c. Addition of Director Shannon Halikias as authorized administrator representative on accounts and signer credit card – Action Required
- Required authorization that shifts administrator authorization from Carol Dolin to Shannon Halikias
d. Natural Gas Contract Renewal – Action Required
- Natural gas contract to expire in June, requires May renewal. This action will change the contract from a floating rate to a set rate for stable budgeting for a 12 month period.
e. Items for May agenda
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
- Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
- Rise and state their name
- Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
- Make public comment that related to Library business only.