The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on June 25, 2015 at 7:00 pm in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Thursday, June 25, 2015 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of the May 28, 2015 Minutes - Regular Board Meeting – Action Required
5. Review of Financial Reports
6. Approval of the May 2015 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the month of May, 2015 for $13,873.00
7. Director’s Report
8. Board Representative Reports
9. Friends Report
10. Old Business
11. New business
a. Amend Board of Trustee Bylaws- Action Required
· The Board will amend the Board of Trustee bylaws to designate representatives for various areas of responsibility.
· The President of the Board will assign Board Representatives.
b. Masonry Issues – Update and discussion
· A discussion and review of masonry issues
c. Approve Ordinance 15-6/25: Prevailing Wage Ordinance – Action Required
· An ordinance ascertaining the prevailing rate of wages for laborers, workers, and mechanics employed on public works of Sugar Grove Public Library District.
d. Minutes Review – Action Required
· Statue requires the semi-annual compliance for half-year review of all closed session minutes under the Open Meeting Act.
· Appoint Board representatives to examine Secretary’s records – Action Required
This is to determine that the secretary’s minutes are in order and have no errors or discrepancies for fiscal year FY2014/2015.
e. Budget and Appropriation Ordinance Hearing Dates – Action Required
· The Board will set the dates for the adoption of the Tentative Budget and Appropriation Ordinance, Publication Schedule, Public Hearing and final Adoption
f. Items for July Agenda
12. Closed Session
5 ILCS 120/2(c)(3) The selection of a person to fill a public office, as defined in this Act, including a vacancy in a public office, when the public body is given power to appoint under law or ordinance, or the discipline, performance or removal of the occupant of a public office, when the public body is given power to remove the occupant under law or ordinance.
13. New Business (continued)
a. Appointment of Library Trustee – Action Required
· The Board will vote to fill the vacant position on the Board of Trustees. Candidate interviews will be reviewed in Closed Session. Discussion and voting in Open Session.
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.