The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on December 17, 2015 at 7:00 pm in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Thursday, December 17, 2015 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Minutes – Action Required
· November 19, 2015
5. Review of Financial Reports
6. Approval of the November 2015 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the check register of November, 2015; amount $
7. Director’s Report
8. Board Representative Reports
a. Building and Grounds
d. Strategic Planning
9. Friends Report
10. Old Business
a. Library on Ballot in November 2016 – Discussion
The Board will begin a series of conversations on whether the Library should seek referendum to increase the limiting rate at the time of November 2016 election.
11. New business
a. Board Meeting Dates for Calendar year 2016 – Action Required
The Board will review and approve the dates for meetings in calendar year 2016.
b. Holiday Closings for 2016 – Action Required
The Board will review and approve the dates for holiday closings in calendar year 2016.
c. Renewal of HAS/FSA Plan for Employees – Action Required
The Board will discuss the renewal of the health savings account for employees; modifications as such. – Action Required
d. Prairie Glen Subdivision HOA Agreement – Discussion
The Board will receive an update on research and activities concerning the Prairie Glen HOA Agreement.
e. Meeting Room Policy Revisions – Action Required
f. Java Café Lease Renewal – Action Required
The Board will discuss modifications to the Café lease and vote to renew for calendar year 2016.
12. Closed Session: (5 ILCS 120/2)
(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.