The regular monthly Board meeting of the Sugar Grove Public Library Board of Trustees will be held on July 27, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. pm in the Board Room of the Sugar Grove Public Library located at 125 Municipal Drive/Sugar Grove, Illinois. This meeting is open, and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Any person who has a disability requiring accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Sugar Grove Library during regular business hours within 48 hours before the meeting. Requests for a qualified interpreter require three working days advance notice.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees
Sugar Grove Public Library District
Wednesday, July 27, 2016 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order/Roll Call and Introduction of Trustees
2. Public Comment – copies of written comments may be given to the Board’s Secretary for inclusion in the Library’s public records*
a. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approval of Minutes – Action Required
· June 6, 2016 – Special Board Meeting
· June 6, 2016 – Closed Session
· June 22, 2016 – Regular Board Meeting
· June 22, 2016 – Closed Session
5. Review of Financial Reports
6. Approval of the June 2016 Check Register – Action Required
A review and approval of expenditures for the check register of June, 2016 for $23,884.01
7. Director’s Report
8. Board Representative Reports
a. Building and Grounds
d. Strategic Planning
9. Friends Report
a. Strategic Plan – Discussion and Action Required
The Board will review the new Strategic Plan document, provide feedback and adopt if no further edits are needed.
a. Trustee Interviews – Discussion
The Board will meet and discuss Trusteeship with the candidates interested in the open seat.
12.Closed Session: (5 ILCS 120/2)
(3) The selection of a person to fill a public
Office, as defined in this Act, including a vacancy in a public office, when the public body is given power to appoint under law or ordinance, or the discipline, performance or removal of the occupant of a public office, when the public body is given power to remove the occupant under law or ordinance.
13.Open Session – New Business Continued
b. Trustee Appointment – Discussion and Action Required
The Board may select and appoint a Trustee.
c. Appointment of Board Secretary or Revision of Board Offices – Action Required
d. Minutes Review - Discussion and Action Required
· The Board has verified that the written minutes for the prior year are in order.
· The Board may approve the destruction of any closed session audio or video that are more than 18 months old for which closed session minutes have been approved
e. Items for August Agenda
14. Closed Session: (5 ILCS 120/2)
(11) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.
15. Open Session - Adjourn
SUGAR GROVE PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT PUBLIC COMMENT POLICY Adopted 3/10/11
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that interested parties representing various points of view are allowed time to present their views while permitting the Board to conduct their meeting in an efficient and effective manner. The Board will include an agenda item for public comment at each of its regular meetings. Persons wishing to make a public comment must be in attendance at the meeting and shall:
· Speak only when recognized by the President of the Board or person conducting the meeting.
· Rise and state their name
· Limit their public comment time to three (3) minutes
· Make public comment that related to Library business only.