What do I need to receive a card?
Library staff will ask to verify
- a valid photo ID
and verify your in District Residency with one of the following
- voters registration card
- tax bill
- utility bill
- insurance card, or
- check book
The name on the residency document must match the name on the photo ID.
Where do I apply for the Library Card?
Library Cards may be obtained at the Registration Desk during regular library hours. Library Staff may also take Library Card applications during Community or School Events. A parent or guardian must be present and sign a registration for a minor under age 17.
Sugar Grove Public Library materials check out to patrons with a loan period according to their material type:
- 7 days, no renewal
- DVD Video
- Blu-ray Video
- Video Games
- Current Weekly or Monthly Magazine
- 3 weeks*
- Music CD
- Magazine, other than the current issue
Material designated "New," DVD and Blu-ray Videos, and any item with a Reserve List cannot be renewed.
Materials received from other libraries will have a loan period based on the date due issued by that library.
- 7 days, no renewal
Materials that are eligible for renewal may be renewed up to two times. Renewals may be made any of the following ways:
- In person at the Library
- By Telephone at 630-466-4686
- By cell phone in response to a Shoutbomb courtesy text message
- Online, via the Online Patron Catalog
Materials designated "New", DVD and Blu-ray videos, Video Games, and any item with a reserve list may not be renewed.
Can I pay my fines online? (ePay)
Pay off library fines and fees using your MasterCard, American Express, VISA, or Discover Card from the convenience of home with ePay. The Sugar Grove Library has an arrangement with the Illinois Treasurer's Office to provide an easy, secure, convenient way to make on-line payments for library fines and fees. There are some restrictions to this service: we are not able to process your credit card payment over the phone or at the front desk. You can use our Technology Center to access the internet and make your online payment.
- Use your library barcode and PIN to access your MAGIC catalog account to determine what you owe in fines or fees. You will need to check separately on each card issued to a family member.
- Click through to "My Account"
- Follow on screen instructions as you select items for payment.
- You will receive a confirmation number once your transaction is completed. Print this form for your records. Library staff will receive email notification of your payment.
- The MAGIC catalog will be updated by your successful ePay payment.
- Library staff do not have access to your credit card information.
- Credit card companies do not have access to your library record.
To learn more about the ePay program of the Illinois State Treasurer's Office visit their website.